Join the Snowmobile Association of Massachusetts
Memberships to the Snowmobile Association of Massachusetts are available thru SAM affiliated clubs. First, locate a club that you would like to join by using the clickable map, either the closest to you or where you would like to ride. You can also find all the club listings on the Clubs page.
How are your dues used?
The club’s portion is used to offset club expenses including trail and bridge building, maintenance, grooming and other activities. Membership in a club and the Association is critical to the future of our sport. Many other states in the snowbelt enjoy the benefit of state supported funds for snowmobiling through gas tax and registration fees. We, on the other hand, do not receive any state funds what so ever, and are completely dependent on the membership for income. Snowmobiling on groomed trails is a pay-as-you-play system, membership dues are used by associations throughout the U.S. and Canada to raise the necessary funds to maintain quality trails.
Why should I join the Snowmobile Association of Massachusetts?
- A strong association representing snowmobile interests throughout the state, no one else but SAM fights for your recreation.
- A hired lobbyist who represents the interests of snowmobilers at the State House.
- Funding for trail maintenance and grooming.
- “On the Trails with SAM”, the association’s official magazine delivered to your home seven times a year.
- Discounted insurance for your personal sled, auto and home.
- A million dollar liability policy to protect clubs and their landowners.
- A state-wide trail map of Massachusetts.
- Lawful access to an interconnected trail system.
- Monthly meetings of SAM club Delegates.
- Planned activities throughout the year
- Local club membership, meetings, activities and club newsletters.
- Representation at the National and International level through the American Council of Snowmobile Associations and International Snowmobile Council.
- An opportunity to become involved with a successful organization.
- A informational website
Find out more at our Frequently Asked Questions page