Be Bold Ride Old Sled and Tractor Show (Mel Scuderi)
The weather was cool and crisp autumn day, attracting 36 vintage snowmobiles and 18 vintage tractors to the Knox Trail Sno-Riders Be Bold Ride Old Sled & Tractor Show on September 25. We counted 127 vehicles at the show, which has become a much-anticipated event at the spacious Izaak Walton Field in Otis, MA.
A table full of trophies was given to participants, all winners. 1st through 3rd place were chosen by the spectators as well as participants. The Loudest Pipes competition was my favorite category. Without a decibel meter, we had to use crowd applause to determine the winner. It was a close contest between the three vintage racers, until young Tim DeLuca fired up his Kitty Kat, as his dad assisted. The crowd erupted with applause and hooting cheers, leaving no doubt who the winner was! What great sports! As Jon Tobin of the Burgy Bullets said, “That kid might become a club president some day.”
Lots of Raffle prizes were drawn throughout the day, including many Snap-On tools. Thanks to all the volunteers that pulled this together. The Knox Trail Snowmobile Club once again stepped up and kept this sport alive and well. Be Bold Ride Old!
Vintage Trophy Winners:
- Best Original Racer: Rob Onofreo, 1970 Puma mod 290
- Best Registered Vintage Sled: Bud Gordon, 1967 Sno-Jet.
- Bud also won furthest traveled, coming from Ware, NH.
- Rat Runner: Ethan Williams, 1970 Massey Furgeson Ski-Whiz
- Best Restored Racer: Michael Wood, 1977 Yamaha SRX
- Best Restored: Ed Castellano, 1966 Ski Doo
- Most Original: Ed Castellano, 1973 Polaris Charger.
- Powder Puff: Debbie Kozdronkiewicz, 1972 Arctic Cat Kitty Kat.
- Junior Class: Ashlee Kozdronkiewicz, 1979 Mercury Sno-Twister
- Rat Runner: Ben Pilgrim, 1968 Massey Furgeson
- Best Restored: Tim Pease, Custom Made Cub Cadet
- Most Original: William Bakunis, 1957 Wonder Boy
- Junior Class: Tim Deluca, 1966 John Deer
Photos by Mel Scuderi and Jeff Miller